Plein Air Club
Hosted by Bruce Stam
Bruce will be hosting 2 Saturdays a month through March from 8 – 10am, come at any time that works for you and stay as long as you like.
Ever wanted to try painting out in the open? Come join us for some varied scenery and some lovely weather. Paint in the medium of your choosing.
Bruce has provided a suggested equipment list, be sure to ask a Jerry’s employee for it. The gatherings will be hosted by Bruce Stam on our behalf. Feel free to ask him for advice, but keep in mind, this is not a class. (Juicy coupons to be handed out!)
February 16 Locations
February 16 will be at Usery Mountain Regional Park
Admission is $7. There is parking in designated areas, water, ramadas and restrooms.
Meet at the Wind Cave Trailhead.
Suggested Supply LIst
- Water, about 3 bottles. Keep one on ice for the drive home
- Sunglasses are fine, but you can’t wear while you paint as they distort the colors.
- Easel (I prefer to use a tripod with a palette box attached. The tripod must be rated to hold at least 10 pounds)
- Paper towels
- Palette knife
- Plastic grocery bags for trash
- Baby wipes, to clean your hands
- Pencil or vine charcoal
- Small sketch pad
- Paint scrapper, sometimes called a razor blade paint scrapper.
- Painting panels. I will be using 8” X 10” panels.
- Paint colors (use what you have, below are my colors)
- Blue (ultramarine blue and Cobalt)
- Yellow (Cadmium Yellow Pale)
- Orange (Cadmium Orange)
- Red (Alizarin Crimson)
- Burnt sienna
- Yellow Ochre
- Gamsol or Turpentine, if using. I don’t use any in the field.
- Boots or hiking shoes
- Shirts should be a neutral color (so to stop reflections on your panel)
- Umbrella, that attaches to your easel for shade.
- Backpack. To carry your gear.