Biz of Art: Your Why? Creating the Foundation for a Sustainable Art Business through Vision, Values and Mission
Instructor: Susan Miller
Class Code: SM190907
Workshop Fee: $120
Medium: Art Talk & Mixed Media
Saturday, September 7th, 10:00am – 5:00pm
Spend a day creatively focusing on setting up a firm foundation for your art business. Whether you are a seasoned artist or dreaming of getting started, you will want to explore your current vision, your values and create a mission intention that will pivot you into the next level of your art biz.
And guess what? This NOT a boring business planning workshop! It is fun, creative, colorful and quirky! You will have fun exploring and discovering by creating!
Susan Miller, PhD, LPCS, mixed media artist, expressive arts therapist, certified creativity coach and entrepreneur coach for creative souls, will guide you through the process of exploring, discovering, and activating your current vision for your art business by:
• Learning what elements make a successful sustainable juicy creative/art business
• Creating a gorgeous vision board that offers insight into your creative dreams
• Discovering how your values (what you hold as important and true) impact you as an artist and your business of art
• Making your own set of Truth Cards to help guide you in your decision making
• Understanding who you are as an artist, pinpointing your perfect customers, and setting forth your mission statement.
• Creating simple inspiring action steps that will move YOU, as an artist forward into your creative dreams!
Once you have this type of clarity, you are unstoppable! A clear vision sets the stage for your business decisions and makes it easy to continue to plan your business pursuits, instead of it being hap-hazard and feeling like you are spinning your wheels.
For: Artists of all types, wanting to grow their art business, start an art business or dream of an art business!
3 to 4 magazines for collaging (examples are Simple Living, Oprah, In Her Studio, any that call your name that you do not mind cutting up)
Images, quotes, words that you have already collected that resonate
8×10 or 9×12 Reflexions Sketchbook for drawing and notes
14×18 or 16×20 Creative Mark Canvas Panel
(All other supplies will provided for you!)